- 1 1/2 lbs of large prawns
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup spring onions
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 crushed and chopped garlic clives
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp rigani or oregano
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup medium dry white wine
- Fine chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Shell the prawns, leaving the last segment of the shell and the tail intact.
- Rinse, drain, and dry with paper towel.
- Gently pan-fry the spring onions in olive oil until translucent, then add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine, parsley, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper, and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until it becomes very thick.
- Spoon about half of this sauce into a baker’s pan, and arrange the prawns over top of the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining thick sauce over top of the prawns and top with the feta cheese.
- Heat oven to 425° F and bake the prawns for about 20 minutes or until they appear pink and the feta cheese appears slightly melted.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.