- Feta Prawns
- November 23, 2019
- Island Fisherman
- 1 1/2 lbs of large prawns
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup spring onions
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 crushed and chopped garlic clives
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp rigani or oregano
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup medium dry white wine
- Fine chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Shell the prawns, leaving the last segment of the shell and the tail intact.
Rinse, drain, and dry with paper towel.
Gently pan-fry the spring onions in olive oil until translucent, then add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, wine, parsley, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper, and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until it becomes very thick.
Spoon about half of this sauce into a baker’s pan, and arrange the prawns over top of the sauce.
Spoon the remaining thick sauce over top of the prawns and top with the feta cheese.
Heat oven to 425° F and bake the prawns for about 20 minutes or until they appear pink and the feta cheese appears slightly melted.
Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
To find awesome listings near you!