We asked, and you delivered! Thanks to everyone who sends us recipes—they are fantastic. And many thanks to our sponsors for the great prizes for our readers! If you’d like yours to be considered for publication in our magazine and for a prize, be sure to upload them here: www.islandfishermanmagazine.com/add-your-recipe/
Here’s a winning dish as featured in the September issue of Island Fisherman magazine.
Andrew’s West Coast Salmon
- 4 lb fillet of salmon
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedges (to taste)
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a baking tray/sheet with a large piece of foil. Place the salmon fillet, skin side down, on the baking sheet.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Pour in the melted butter; season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon pepper (or to taste). Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until the breadcrumbs absorb the butter.
- Pour the mixture over the salmon, pressing it into the top until the fillet is completely covered.
- Lightly spray salmon with cooking oil spray for a golden crumb crust.
- Bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillet, until the crust is golden and the salmon is cooked and flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Pair with salad, steamed vegetables, rice, or mashed potatoes.