Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce
- 3 tbsp half-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp egg (scramble egg then measure)
- 2 green onions finely minced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning (Old Bay recommended)
- 1 lb lump or jumbo lump crab (may use drained canned)
- Pre-heat oven to 400° Fahrenheit
- Blend mayonnaise, mustard, egg, onions, and seafood seasoning in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the crab, being careful not to break up the lumps too much (make sure to discard any pieces of shell or spongy bits).
- Using a large scoop, divide into eight even portions on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle a few drops of melted butter on top of each cake. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Add a squeeze of lemon before serving, and a dollop of the wonderful tartar sauce below.
Optional Quick Tartar Sauce
Mix the following in a small bowl:
1 tablespoon half-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon onion, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon bread and butter pickles, minced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
A pinch of granular sweetener